Re: ddd?

> Okay. That explain a version linked against dynamic motif libraries. But
> why should a user use the statically linked version? Isn't the lestiff
> version exactly for people who do not own motif?

Yes, exactly for those people...
As I already mentioned, ddd-2.1.1 is quite unstable even with motif, I
expect it to be simply unusable with lesstif (provided you debug something
more evolved than "Hello world" program). And it is the _only_ ddd
version "working" with lesstif. I myself use ddd-1.4d with some bug fixes
borrowed from ddd-2.1. This is _much_ more stable. I would upload this
older version in case I see any interest. And in this case, there won't
be any lesstif version and -smotif one would be used by most people.
Furthemore, my prognosis is that the next upstream release will lose
this lesstif compatibility, they have too many problems to fix even
without lesstif hacking.

Alex Y.

--
   _
 _( )_
 |    \ __/   <--   | Alexander Yukhimets   aqy6633@is5.nyu.edu |
 |        |         |       http://pages.nyu.edu/~aqy6633/      |
   |  (___)                            ooO Ooo
    \___)