Re: Next approach: Documentation Policy

> > Anothr idea... what about using rosetta man (rman). It can read
> > man sources and produces roff, RTF, LaTeX, HTML, ASCII and much more
> > as output.
> >

> Slow... License restrictions...
>
> - For man, the man2html is very fast.
> - For texinfo, I'm working on a makeinfo-based (fast) converter.
OK. (I the past years, on the Amiga, makeinfo was hacked to
produce AmigaGuide format, that is somewhat similar to very simple
HTML. Maybe you can grab some ideas from the hacked sources...)

> - For TeX-related stuff it might take longer to come up with a fast enough
>   solution.
Why a fast solution? User wil use TeX to produce printed copies of
the docs, so you need to convert only once and speed is not a problem.
(But we need to include the sources.)

Ciao,
						Federico

* Federico Di Gregorio   |  /      the number you dialled is     *
* Debian developer?      | / -1   imaginary... please, rotate    *
* <friend of penguins>   |/      the phone PI/2 and try again!   *
****************DE 9E B2 75 B4 F6 CC 5B  C3 D5 71 51 04 AB F3 B2**