Re: GOAL: Consistent Keyboard Configuration

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Yann Dirson wrote:

> Christian Schwarz writes:
>  >
>  > Hi!
>  >
>  > On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Yann Dirson wrote:
>  > Well, this thread ran out of mails since there are more important things
>  > to decide these day (cf. Documentation Policy).
>
> Quite agreed ;)
>
>  > However, I got the
>  > impression that lots of people here agree that we need a consistent
>  > keyboard configuration for the next Debian releases and I think we also
>  > had a consensus about the most "difficult" keys: Delete, Backspace, etc.
>
> Mmmh... I saw a consensus about where the problem is, but quite few
> about how to deal with it... apart maybe from Ian's last proposal,
> which got not so much feedback!

I considered everybody to agree with Ian's proposal (noone objected :-).

> [...]
>  > Thus, I suppose a few people intrested in this topic try to define how
>  > keyboard configuration is done in Debian, write the section for the Policy
>  > Manual, fix the "main tables" themselves (e.g. kernel keytables, X
>  > configuration, bash configuration, etc.), and pass the patches to the
>  > maintainers. This way, not everyone has to dig that deep into the
>  > internals of "keyboard configuration".
>
> Quite agreed too, but the section you plan in the policy should at
> least be accepted :)

Sure! As always, every change to the policy manual will be presented on
debian-devel.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/