Re: Vision of new installation method using webserver

miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) writes:

> >    Christoph> Some more thoughts regarding the space issue: I think
> >    Christoph> the amount of space required for such a system can even
> >    Christoph> be smaller than a normal rescue disk.
> >
> >How do you configure the BIOS without a video board in a computer?
> >Can you configure with one in, then pull it out and have it still
> >work?
>
> Yes, if you set "Halt on Error: NONE" (most BIOSes have this setting)

True, but as Christoph started:
> Lets say I have a new machine fine tuned by the dealer (who put 95 or
> something else we dont need on it) in front of me.

I don't know his dealers, but my ones don't set this before delivering
the machines. It will be a hard job to teach them to do this, but
money might help.

So there is no way to configure a intended-to-be-headless box without
attaching a monitor first.

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/