Re: dc and bc in Important?

On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Erik Andersen wrote:

> iThis is correct, but has the unfortunate side effect of not being portable,
> since not all /bin/sh happin to be bash.

No, it also works with ksh. I believe posix.2 specifies that /bin/sh has to
provide various features---basically to be a clone of ksh. Although it would
be nice for scripts to work on all versions of /bin/sh, I can't see
supporting non-POSIX machines is terribly important compared to easier to
read scripts.

(If I'm wrong, and POSIX only specifies that ksh has to do all that, then
maybe we should make ksh a symlink to bash so our scipts can use that for
everything?)