Re: RfD: Debian is not randomly installing services

--------
> But I thought most people already complain, that there are too many
> questions in the installer scripts (postinst).
>
> What do the others think about this?

We probably should ask all questions at the end once?

Let dpkg/diety do something like this:
0. The question was already answered during an old install (and stored
   via dtxtdb or something better) -> take that answer
1a. Otherwise ask all questions at the end of the install.
1b. Better alternative, but I don't know whether this is feasible:
    Ask the questions at the beginning and configure the package
    just after install. This is better, since it minimizes the time window
    of unconfigured packages. This would require dpkg/diety to know what
    questions which package asks (new config file)

David