Re: debmake

> Apparently,
> the case got taken to court and FreeBSD won against the gov't.

I've heard no evidence of this (and would find it *very* unlikely.) In
fact, the FreeBSD web pages still tell people to go to sites in South
Africa, Brazil, or Finland for the "eBones" and "secure" packages...
Even better, the handbook (updated 25 June 1997) still specifically
says "don't pull these two packages from the US..."

> We dont have the same crypto restrictions you guys do.

True -- but you also can't export stuff that has been exported from
the US (ie. you can mirror the non-us stuff from germany, but you
can't "backdoor" stuff out of the US even though you can legally get
it from here.)