Re: Documentation Policy

> Philip Hands writes:
> > There is of course a problem with trying to install all the
> > documentation on a machine, since some conflicting packages
> > provide man pages with overlapping names.
>
> I think that the 'alternative' mechanism could be used there.

I was thinking about the possibility of offereing _all_ Debian documentation
on a web site --- which lpr(1) man page would you want to show?  lpr's or
lprng's?

I think it should be possible to have both available, but I'm not quite sure
how to do it without confusing people.

Perhaps man pages should really go in /usr/doc/package-name/man/, with
symbolic links for /usr/man if needed --- then there wouldn't be as much of a
problem, since

  /usr/doc/lpr/man/lpr.1

and

  /usr/doc/lprng/man/lpr.1

can both be installed without conflicting.

Cheers, Phil.