Re: Packaging questions regarding plan

> On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > > contrib.  Try to run it on Lesstif and it won't work, because it will
> > > not find a Motif 2.0 library.  Lesstif provides a Motif 1.2 lib.
> >
> > Yeah, but Lesstif was not meant to be *binary* compatible with real
> > Motif, only *source code* compatible!
>
> Is this true? Then there would be no reason to create the "motif-libs"
> virtual packages! (The only use for them would be to allow drop-in
> replacements of the compiled shared library packages.)

Yes, but... have we meant anything else?
I don't know how usefull would be the virtual package, but having
"dummy"  motif (which provides run-time libs AND mwm) and motif-dev
packages would be nice.

Alex Y.

--
   _
 _( )_
 |    \ __/   <--   | Alexander Yukhimets   aqy6633@is5.nyu.edu |
 |        |         |       http://pages.nyu.edu/~aqy6633/      |
   |  (___)                            ooO Ooo
    \___)