Re: Packaging questions regarding plan

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Alex Yukhimets wrote:

[snip]
> > contrib.  Try to run it on Lesstif and it won't work, because it will
> > not find a Motif 2.0 library.  Lesstif provides a Motif 1.2 lib.
>
> Yeah, but Lesstif was not meant to be *binary* compatible with real
> Motif, only *source code* compatible!

Is this true? Then there would be no reason to create the "motif-libs"
virtual packages! (The only use for them would be to allow drop-in
replacements of the compiled shared library packages.)

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian is looking     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de
for a logo! Have a
look at our drafts     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
at    http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/