Re: xterm terminfo entry

Mark Eichin <eichin@cygnus.com> writes:
> in practice, the "linux" entry not being supported by solaris (for
> example) was handled by people doing "set term=vt100" and whining a
> lot...

A solution is to tell them to:

  linux$ infocmp xterm-color > missing-term.tic

(replace `xterm-color' with your favourite terminal name found on linux,
but not on Solaris)

Get `missing-terms.tic' somehow to the Solaris machine,

  solaris$ TERMINFO=$HOME/.missing-terms
  solaris$ export TERMINFO
  solaris$ mkdir $TERMINFO
  solaris$ tic missing-term.tic