RE: Copyright question

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Michael Meskes wrote:

> The way I read it the copyright just forbids to change the doc files
> itself. There is no problem adding our packages files etc. Even renaming
> the source tree is not forbidden.
>
> So I'd say put it in the core distribution.

No, I disagree here. At least for "software", we must be allowed to change
the source code. This has been discussed in detail in the last days. Thus,
if this would be "software" (i.e. source code for a program) it would not
be possible to include it in any distribution!

I'm not sure if we can make exceptions for a "doc-only" package.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
                    schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Don't know Perl?     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.perl.com     http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/