Re: xterm terminfo entry

On Jun 22, Mark Eichin wrote
> Except that the xterm-color entry isn't particularly widespread, yet;
> so if you rlogin or telnet somewhere that doesn't have it, you pretty
> much lose.

termcap supported  the TERMCAP environmental variable, which solved
problems like this (and like "linux" not being supported on Solaris).
ncurses, near as I can tell, doesn't support anything like this.

Maybe we could put together a portable (tar + sh based) solution that
supports both termcap and ncurses on arbitrary unix systems?