Re: Experiences with compiling Debian

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Galen Hazelwood:
> The autoconf script is finding (I believe) the
> msgfmt binary from xview-dev, which despite it's name has no connection
> to locale support.

Something needs to be fixed so that the package will build even with
both installed. Probably autoconf.

> >         g77: needs gcc source code to build
>
> There's really no way around this one, I'm afraid.

I'm not saying it is a bug, but that's the reason it didn't build.
If the package will build when the gcc source package is unpacked
in a suitable place (gcc and g77 subdirectories have the same
parent), then I see no problem. When we implement dependencies
for source packages, we're going to need dependencies on both
source and binary packages.