Re: Debian's mail daemons

Marco.Budde@hqsys.antar.com (Marco Budde)  wrote on 16.06.97 in <[🔎] cee_9706181917@antares.antar.com>:

> Am 16.06.97 schrieb efraim # argh.org ...
>
> Moin Alexander!

AK>> sendmail: too complicated

> That's wrong. It's very easy to configure sendmail with the m4 scripts for
> a leaf site. And professionell system adminstrators will use sendmail
> because it's the standard MTA.

I completely fail to understand why a professional system administrator
would _want_ to use a MTA that's _that_ notorious for security holes. My
idea of professionalism seriously clashes with this.

Of course, in many situations, he/she may have no real choice.

> And you should remember that the most Linux distributions use sendmail as
> MTA. In my opinion Debian should use sendmail as standard MTA.

People, eat shit. Millions of flies can't be wrong.

Sendmail: Just say NO.

MfG Kai