Re: Debian's mail daemons

> >I think we should also consider switching to Maildir/ format for mail drops,
> >since it seems to be the only way for delivering mail securely over NFS.
>
> I think we should try to stick with solutions that work with both
> Maildir and central spool directories, since otherwise it is difficult
> to maintain compatibility and interoperability with other Unix
> systems.

Agreed.

qmail's default delivery method is specified on the command line (ver >=
1.01), so this would be a simple configuration option.   ``deliver'' could be
used for central spool delivery, just as it is for sendmail.

I wasn't saying that Maildir/ should be the only option, but since it is (or
seems to be) the only secure option, why not make it the default for people
who don't know the difference.

Cheers, Phil.