How do we do modules?

G'day All,
  Now that I've taked over ax25 utilites from Bruce, I'm slowly working on
the makefiles etc so that we will have a huge leap forward in versions to
the latest and greatest.

But there is a small associated problem.   There is a lot of amateur radio
device drivers in the kernel. Now having all these drivers in one kernel is
a Bad Thing as there is at least three of them that will conflict that I
know of.  So the solution I guess is modules.

So, how do we do this?  What's the best way of having a set of modules or
should they be included with the standard set of modules we already have.

  - Craig