Re: Status of Debian Policy

> > > Is that as well as registering with dwww?
> >
> > I'm changing the way documents register themselves with dwww (again).
> > Hopefully, I'll get enough accomplished so that I can upload
> > something to experimental today.  I wouldn't encourage anybody to
> > register their documents with dwww just yet, since it's all going
> > to change.  Hopefully, I'll get past the prototype stage in the
> > next month or so, and there will be a standard supported way of
> > registering documents with dwww.
>
> I'm somehow confused now. Is registering to "dwww" any different from the
> "menu" system? Joost, perhaps you can give use some hints here (I think
> Jim is offline now).

It used to be the same, and that's why I also asked Jim about that.
But he seems to have something different in mind, I'm not quite sure
what he does have in mind though. Also I'm not sure it's better than
what we have currently, but anyway, here's an email he sent me:
(I hope Jim doesn't mind me reproducing it, but it seems he isn't
telling any secrets here)

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj