Re: Debian ncurses policy ?

On Jun 6, Vincent Renardias wrote

> What's the current Debian policy w.r.t. curses?
>
> I have 6 packages (most with outstanding bugs) that I can't upload
> anymore because I don't have any machine around with libc5, and we don't
> have any libc6 compiled curses. So what should we do?

same here. i was too fast, and now i have to downgrade all packages to
compile with libc5. (i want to create binaryies for libc5 and libc6).
but i have the same problem with tcl, tk and x11.

what about having a timetable for creating new libs, altdev packages and
converting packages to libc6 ?

regards, andreas