Re: problem with /proc info

At 06:54 PM 9/06/97 +0200, Helmut Geyer wrote:
>Ganz einfach!
>Im Gegnsatz zu fruehen Linux-versionen (unter 1.2) ist
>MemShared _nicht_ der physikalische Speicher, der von
>Seiten belegt wird, die "shared" sind, sondern der
>Speicher der Durch das "sharen" gespart wird.
>in arch/i386/mm/init.c wird in si_meminfo
>fuer jede Seite einfach pagesize*(pagecount-1)
>zur Summe addiert. Wenn man dort folgenden Patch einfuegt,
>bekommst Du das, was Du willst:
>  val->sharedram += mem_map[i].count - 1;
>folgendes einfuegen:
>  if (mem_map[i].count>1) val->sharedram ++;
>  (fuer 2.1 bitte noch atomic_reads einfuegen).
>  	Helmut

While I can figure out what the solution you're giving here is (no, I don't
know any other language except english), I'm sure that there are a lot of
people out there that think that there's a lot of spelling mistakes in your
message - so much so that it seems unreadable :-)

Can we make some sort of policy about which preferred language we should
use on Debian mailing lists?  With respect to others who have this ability,
I think that the most common language used in the Debian mailing lists
should be chosen, at least, when replies are sent to the list.

Karl Ferguson
Tower Networking Pty Ltd   Tel: +61-8-9456-0000     karl@tower.net.au
t/a STAR Online Services   Fax: +61-8-9455-2776     karl@debian.org