Re: Problem with tcpdump in 1.2.17

<branden@apocalypse.sequitur.org> writes:

> Well, no, that wouldn't be -- the -dev versions of packages are often in a
> different place.  The point of my remark was that the Packages file said
> libpcap0 was in one place, and libpcap0's own control file said it was
> someplace else (net vs. libs).  If this isn't a problem big enough to
> sweat about, I don't care...I just wanted to point it out.  If I thought it
> was the end of the world I'd file a bug report.  :)

Yes, I understood.  The section is only for human convenience.
dselect gets its information from the Packages file, not the packages
themselves.  If a user builds a Packages file by hand from the rex
archive without using rex's override file, she'll see libpcap0 as the
sole entry in libs.  The Filename will still be correct so dpkg will
still find it, and selecting tcpdump will still pull libpcap0 in also.

In summary, it's not a problem.  :)

Guy