Re: libc6 utmp and wtmp [Was: Re: official C library]

On Jun 6, Michael Meskes wrote
> ssh seems to use login. IMO you forgot one very important player: xbase.
> Lot's of people use xterm. rxvt should be in this list, too.

Ssh doesn't use login.

/*

login.c

Author: Tatu Ylonen <ylo@cs.hut.fi>

Copyright (c) 1995 Tatu Ylonen <ylo@cs.hut.fi>, Espoo, Finland
                   All rights reserved

Created: Fri Mar 24 14:51:08 1995 ylo

This file performs some of the things login(1) normally does.  We cannot
easily use something like login -p -h host -f user, because there are
several different logins around, and it is hard to determined what kind of
login the current system has.  Also, we want to be able to execute commands
on a tty.

*/

  Christian