Re: Debian's "Modify & Redistribute" Policy (was: the ncurses "brushfire")

Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:
> > What if the author doesn't want you to do ports? We have one case of
> > this already. We also have some cases of "author rudely dropped dead
> > without first changing the copyright".
>
> This is a problem, I admit.  What does the law say about copyrighted works
> when the copyright holder dies?

I believe that he may have meant this in a figurative sense.  If an
author simply disappears from the net and there is no way to get in
contact with him (her) then we're out of luck, because there is no way
to get the copyright changed.
--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> 12167 Airport Rd, DeWitt MI 48820, USA
*Note*: New PGP key available at http://www.msu.edu/user/pfaffben/pgp.html