Re: GOAL: Consistent Keyboard Configuration

    :: Then I have a "Print" key, "Scroll-Lock", and "Pause". All
    :: three keys don't have an effect in my X configuration--on the
    :: console "Scroll-Lock" starts/stops terminal output, just like
    :: "C-S and C-Q". Is there any useful meaning for "Print" and
    :: "Pause" in Linux?

    DF: Yes they may the registers, task list etc. and may switch
    DF: from/to the last used console.

There is another possible usage -- switching between different
keyboards.  For example Czech Linux users usually use one of these
keys for switching between US keyboard (when programming) and Czech
keyboard (when writing texts).

I think the best what to do with these keys is not to assign anything
to them and left them as free function keys for users.

Milan Zamazal