Re: Sysvinit and System.map (Was: dangling symlink System.map)

Guy Maor writes:
 > Yann Dirson <dwitch@bylbo.debian.novare.net> writes:
 >
 > > Don't know either. But it's been some time I wonder why this link
 > > isn't updated on boot to point to "boot/System.map-`uname -r`", or
 > > suppress the link and issue a warning if the latter is absent. This
 > > would ensure correctness, I think.
 >
 > That's not necesary as all the necessary programs will look for
 > System.map-version also.

Then this link is useless... some base package should get rid of it,
and we should make sure it never comes to the surface again ?

BTW, psupdate is the only program I can think about using
System.map. Are there any other ?

--
Yann Dirson

e-mail: dirson@univ-mlv.fr