Re: Using CVS for package development

Rob Browning writes:
 > I guess I was looking for -ko, since you wouldn't want to be rewriting
 > the $Id$ values for the upstream source unless you actually changed
 > things, and even then it's kind of iffy since your tree has nothing to
 > do with theirs.  In addition, without -ko, you'd get a bunch of
 > spurious diffs against the upstream source.

I don't how how to do that, but some people use their own keyword
instead of $Id$. You'll find $XConsortium$ all around X11 code, I
think; I already saw another such keyword, but can't remember where.

I found nothing in the doc when I looked for it last year. On last
resort, a specially-compiled CVS could be used ?

Maybe we could use a $DebianId$ ?

--
Yann Dirson

e-mail: dirson@univ-mlv.fr