Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

while it would be interesting to perhaps do a 1.3.1 or a 1.4 with
other features, there has to be pressure against doing anything to 1.3
other than what qa wants to do to get it out the door.  We can't make
every release perfect; in fact, we can't make *any* release
perfect... but we can try to set some goals and meet them.  Debian 1.3
is probably closer to doing that than any previous debian release; I
hope I don't see it get derailed now...

One added complexity is that building a 1.3.1 or 1.4 will be made
somewhat more difficult by the developers migrating to libc6 in order
to get working on Debian 2.0; I've certainly started in that direction
(though I will probably keep one machine at or near 1.3 as long as is
practical.)  Certainly the next X release I do, and probably the next
Emacs release after that, will require libc6...

			_Mark_ <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
			The Herd of Kittens
			A Debian Maintainer