Re: ssh and default home directory permissions (revisited?)

In article <[🔎] 87pvuetwgk.fsf@psyche.evansnet>,
	Carey Evans <c.evans@clear.net.nz> writes:

> I've removed group write permissions from my home dir because of the
> programs like qmail and ssh which don't like it.  I don't think
> anything would break because of removing these permissions, so maybe
> adduser should make home directories mode 755 (or 750)?

755 sounds OK. Not 750 by default; people who are that paranoid can set it
themselves (perhaps an option for adduser if there isn't one already?), and
it does cause problems with various things.

751 is a little better - at least web servers work, and you can have .plan
and .project files.
.