Re: Kernel 2.0.30 a bad choice for 1.3

On May 24, Alexander Koch wrote
> 2.0.30 has some problems, undoubtedly. I don't know if they're all fixed with
> 2.0.30-6 (it works perfectly fine here) but a usual 2.0.30 is poison...
>
> Do you acively 'use' these features? Do you know the drawbacks and
> implications?
>
> Though I can understand your point of view and also think the kernel is
> stable enough, I think those cautios are right in just being cautios.

if we decide not to use 2.0.30, we must recompile 2.0.29 with new
patches. as the isdn maintainer i say : it's very important, that the
kernel shipped with debian has the 2.0.30A isdn patch for hisax 2.1a.
current 2.0.30-6 has this patch (2.0.31 will have it integrated).
and as the makedev maintainer i say : it's very important, that the
kernel shipped with debian has a small fix for mcdx (extendet mitsumi
device) driver. if not, makedev will not work (i will check current
kernel, i hope it has).

and other maintainers will also have additional fixed, that should be in
the kernel shipped with debian. 2.0.30-6 has most of them.

regards, andreas