Re: RFC: Kernel-package: Please add the '.config' file in the binary package

On May 19, Manoj Srivastava wrote
> 	My 2 cents: I think I agree with Vincent Renardias ; the
>  kernel configuration file really belongs in /boot. However, I do not
>  feel comfortable taking unilateral decisions about something as
>  touchy as /boot (some people require thin root partitions).
>
> 	Are there any objections to moving the file into /boot?

chrish@pianocktail:[~] >ls -l /usr/src/linux/.config
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         3789 Apr 10 23:31 /usr/src/linux/.config

At less than 4kB per .config file, no objections from me (and I have /boot
on a separate, small partition).

If kernel-package is going to be modified to install .config under /boot,
could /sbin/installkernel (from debianutils) be modified to do the same?
(For people who don't use kernel-package, like me.)

  Christian