Re: aclocal ?

On 10 May 1997, Klee Dienes wrote:

> > Why is this package in experimental? Should I be careful about something?
>
> So far as I know, only because the upstream authors consider it
> not-yet-stable, and have asked that it not be widely released.

Similar situation to Debian's unstable vs. stable - they don't want too
many people to be tracking the target, so that they can move it easily
without causing disaster.

> In my experience it is significantly more useful and more reliable
> than the current 'released' version, with only a few minor problems
> that are easy to work around.  There may of course be problems I don't
> know about, though.

I totally agree.

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>			http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP ID 87D4D065, fingerprint 2A 66 86 9D 02 4D A6 1E  B8 A2 17 9D 4F 9B 89 D6