Re: Proposal: New source format (was Re: [Fwd: Re: dpkg question])

Hi,
>>"Kai" == Kai Henningsen <kai@khms.westfalen.de> writes:

Kai> Well, yes. Scan the temp dir after unpacking. If it contains one
Kai> directory and nothing else, that directory is the main package
Kai> directory. If it contains anything else, the temp dir is the main
Kai> package dir. Rename the right directory to the right name and
Kai> place, and if the temp dir is still around, throw it away.

	Unless the sources (like angband-2.7.6) just contained a
 single directory, and unpacked in . (granted, this is a pathological
 case, but it prevents us from saying we have a fool-proof method).

	Anyway, the algorithm above _would* handle most cases, and
 that might be good enough.

	manoj
 who does not want us to paint ouselves into a corner

--
 "They, they've got guys who'll go in and knock their heads off."
 Richard Nixon, May 5, 1971, discussing a proposal to use Teamsters