Ideas for `bug'.

 I agree that bug shouldn't post config files. They may have sensitive
information that might be used by atackers to the ssystem.

 I don't think we should use the `suid nobody cat approach'. A config file
can have sensitive information and still be world readable (/etc/passwd!).

 Some ideas:

 * Some kind of interactive bug reporting tool, where the reporter gets
the option of sending (or not) each conffile (checkboxes!).

 * When the user enters the editor through bug he gets:

----------------
Package: tool
Version: 1.0-1

;;;Remove the line if you don't want the file sent:
/etc/tool.passwords
#/etc/another.way   (<--- commented way may be the default!)
;;;
----------------

 Bug would then insert the named files in the bug report. The drawback is
that the user doesn't have the ability to further edit the conffiles.

 * Packages may be able to specify information for use by `bug'. That
infor may be:
   * Extra information that the maintainer finds it can help him
to deal with the bug, the package may provide a bugreport script that
generates the info!.
   * Which files should be sent...

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-