Re: IMPORTANT: Unstable fixes not in frozen
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Mon, 5 May 1997, Austin Donnelly wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Guy Maor wrote:
> > Package Bo Version Hamm Version Suspicous?
> > -------------------- -------------- ------------- ----------
> > fvwm-common 2.0.45-BETA-1 2.0.45-BETA-3 YES!
> > fvwm2 2.0.45-BETA-1 2.0.45-BETA-3 YES!
> 2.0.45-BETA-2 or later _must_not_be_released_: you can't install them
> from scratch, since the postinst fails due to some shoddy argument
> parsing on my part.
> I have a fixed 2.0.45-BETA-4 on pre-release.
Ok - after some fixes due to feedback from the pre-release, I've now
uploaded 2.0.45-BETA-4 to Incoming on master.
The .dsc file indicates it is to go in the "unstable" distribution,
however, it must go in frozen too. Guy, could you do this manually?
This new fvwm2 "recommends" the menu package, version 1.3 or later.
Joost has had a pre-release version around for a little while, and
this should be able to just go.
The changeslog entry is:
fvwm2 (2.0.45-BETA-4) unstable; urgency=high
* manpage fix: OpaqueMove -> OpaqueMoveSize (Fixes Bug#8775).
* manpage fix: say that fvwm2 reads /etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc
* move subdirectories of debian/ into a tar.gz.uue file.
Fixes Bug#8664 and Bug#9141.
* changelog.Debian (this file) now distributed. Fixes Bug#8637.
* move hook files aside in preinst so dpkg doesn't blow them away when
they leave the file list. Restore or default them in the postinst.
* /etc/menu-methods/fvwm2 now puts quotes around titles to xterms for
text-only menu entries.
* remove the "DeleteMenu" from /etc/menu-methods/fvwm2, and don't
* main-menu-pre.hook now available again
* system.fvwm2rc modified to use main-menu-pre.hook
* sloppy arg checking in postinst made fvwm2 impossible to install from
scratch - this is why this is urgency HIGH.
* fvwm2-menu-method upgraded to menu-1.3 compatible one
* fvwm2-menudefs upgraded to menu-1.3 compatability
* fvwm2 now "recommends" menu(>=1.3).
* default main-menu-pre.hook is an xterm entry, just in case menu is
not being used.
* system.fvwm2rc now decor-friendly
* include sample fvwm2rc showing how to use M4
* when purging, clear out /etc/X11/fvwm2/.fvwm too
-- Austin Donnelly <email@example.com> Thu, 8 May 1997 00:42:19 +0100
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .