Re: Remaining critical bugs (IMHO)

On Apr 30, Malc Arnold wrote
> I'd argue that this *is* a critical bug.  Consider the effects of clock
> skew when you're using NFS to mount filesystems between Debian and
> Non-Debian systems.  This is a subtle but unpleasant problem, and it
> can cause all sorts of strange effects.  That's why ntpd was invented
> in the first place; but it won't fix this problem.

This is (should be) a configuration issue.  People who aren't involved
in Sun style networking but are involved in astronomy (for example)
might have a different view on the value of having the clock set right.

This issue should probably be mentioned in the package description.
There's no one choice that satisfies everyone.

--
Raul