Re: uploaded gv 3.4.3-1 (source i386) to master

Richard Kaszeta <kaszeta@me.umn.edu> writes:

> 2. Installing Xaw3D as a replacement for Xaw means I have forced an
> asthetic change (anbd in rare cases even incompatible) change

I'm definitely suspicious of installing Xaw3D in place of Xaw for gv's
benefit.  I used to have Xaw3D installed, and I had some problems with
at least one application that I later discovered was Xaw3D's fault
(right now I can't recall which app it was, but I think it might have
been xconsole).  Removing Xaw3D fixed the problem.

Maybe that problem has been fixed, but unless Xaw3D is 100%
compatible, I think it's better (as suggested) to have a separate
Xaw3D package, for apps that need it, that just contains the shared
libs, and doesn't override Xaw by default.

--
Rob