On Apr 21, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote
> I've packaged ifmail (Fidonet mailer/gateway). Is somebody working on
> this? If so I've already done a ifmailconfig script... =)
did you include the tx patches ?
> What is the proper way to get access to the /dev/ttyS[0-3] ? setgid
> dialout? Should all ifmail programs be run suid fidonet?
i never used ifmail, but i used fidogate and ifcico for a long time
(till someone in the net was also runing linux :-).
ifmail should be setup like uucp :
- with an own user and group
- ifcico suid fidonet sgid dialout
(like uucico is suid uucp sgid dialout)
- the program, that accepts mail & news from mail daemon / news batcher
has to be suid fidonet sgid fidonet
- the spool directories (or at least all file in it) should not be
readably to users (they contain emails !)
- the rest should not be suid/sgid (these programs are used by the
crontab for user "fidonet", and by nobody else).
the key problem is : normal unix has three users for uucp, news and
mail, each with proper permissions. ifmail however emulates all three
services for ftn technology...
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .
- Re: ifmail
- From: "Marco d'Itri" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- From: Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@Feedback.com.ar>