Re: man errors

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  Well, that didn't work like it was supposed to. :-(  VM MIME'd it; I
> didn't expect that.  Then something happened and it's undecodable.
> Darn.   What it was, was the output from the man command showing a
> pile of pages that it cannot find.  I'm wondering if I should `bug` on
> each one...  I guess that's the only way.  It will take 45 minutes to
> do it.

I see a lot of those too.
I believe most (if not all) of those dangling symlinks are symlinks to
undocumented.7.gz. Unfortunately, 'man' sometimes unzips the gz files when
you read them, so undocumented.7.gz becomes undocumented.7 and the
symlinks now point to a non-existing file, which is why you see those
messages.

					Mat