1.3 install problem

Today I tried to re-install debian and I got a serious problem
after I run the option "harddisk partition" from the menu.  The problem
break my harddisk in such a way that either dos fdisk nor linux
fdisk can read the partition table again.  They all simply said cannot
see the harddisk!  Then I have nothing to do but to low level format
my harddisk (my win95 on the same drive) and re-install everything.
I find that it is the problem of the menu-driven partitoin utility
and the linux fdisk work much better.