Re: Upgrade procedure for tetex

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> 	I agree that it's not very good to use such hacks into the install
> scripts, but there are so many bugs in the old TeX distrib that I think
> it's worth to try it...
>
> 	What do the other think?

I agree. The number of bug reports open against the old TeX packages
is bad publicity too.
We don't have the means to do this kind of upgrade smoothly, and we
may not have them for a while, as dpkg is "under reconstruction",
so, we may try to find a better way to do the upgrade, but if none is
found on time, go with the "quick hack".

--
Enrique Zanardi                                ezanardi@molec1.dfis.ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental