Re: Changes to menu package

> > When we get more menu entries in there, I would like to be able to
> > split the list into a heirarchial multi-page index, much like how
> > Yahoo is organized.  I think the best way to do that would be to
> > build hooks into the menu package so that it could call a routine
> > in dwww that might throw the link into a relational database of
> > some form.  Then the web pages could be created from that.
>
> I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean here. Would something
> like:
>
>   rootprefix="/var/lib/dwww/html"
>   rcfile    =print($section) "menu.html"
>
> in the /etc/menu-method/dwww script do? Then you'd get different
> files in different directories, possibly just what you want.

Not really -- I'd like to be able to store the entries in a relational
database.  Maybe it could work something like:

rcfile="|/usr/sbin/dwww-menuaddscript"

or something like that?

Anyways, I'm in no hurry.  There are quite a number of things to do
before I tackle trying to build a fancy hierarchial menuing system
for dwww.  Maybe in 3-4 months.

Cheers,

 - Jim