Re: FTP server: ls-lR file and mirroring

Kai Henningsen <kai@khms.westfalen.de> write:
|First, it doesn't get any dot files, like .message. A simple solution
|to making those visible is to use ls -laR or - slightly more compatible (in
|case someone is bothered by the . and .. entries) ls -lAR. Does anybody
|see any problems with that change?

Nope.  In fact, mirror's default flags (according to its manual, look
for flags_recursive) is '-lRat'.  I'm quite certain that this is what
mirror would prefer to have in the ls-lR.gz file too.

|Second, it seems that currently, the ls-lR file doesn't mention itself. This
|means that it might not get mirrored.

Aren't you supposed to run "ls -lRa" locally anyway after downloading?
Otherwise, your site might too contain an ls-lR.gz file which doesn't
reflect its contents.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL             amos@dsi.co.il |                     -- Anonymous