Re: How to improve Debian security, and avoid trojans...

On Mar 29, Tom Lees wrote
> On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Chris Lawrence wrote:
>
> > That's very interesting.  Might work for Intel, but where are you going to
> > find trusted m68k machines with a decent-speed network connection (for this
> > sort of project, I don't think modem speeds will cut it)?
>
> Can't it be cross-compiled on an Intel machine?

Sure, if the package is set up to be cross-compilable.  dpkg-cross has been
created to automate this somewhat, dunno how well it works (since
cross-compiling Debian packages for Intel on m68k would be kind of silly,
given the scarcity of packagers with m68k only :-)

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence        |               My home page:               |
|    <quango@ix.netcom.com>    |     http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/    |
|      Amiga A4000/040 and     |    Join the party that opposes the CDA    |
|       Linux/m68k 2.1.29      |             http://www.lp.org/            |