Re: need decision on packages with crypto hooks

From: "Christian Hudon" <chudon@ee.mcgill.ca>
> How about creating a new section called "restricted"
> (or something like that) where stuff that's not
> ok for all countries can be put?

I'd rather have more specific section names, like "non-US", "US-only", etc.

I think that dpkg-ftp needs to be modified to use separate host names for
each section, and perhaps dselect needs to be modified to use separate
installation methods for each section. Then it would be trivial to load
the crypto stuff even if it was not on your CD.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502