Re: device files

> > a) which packages holds the /dev/ devices ?
> >
> > b) should other packages create new devices in /dev/ or should theese
> > devices go in the package with all other devices ? i'm going to maintain
> > isdnutils...
> >
> > c) i want to move isdn devices to group dialup, so any user in this group can
> > hangup isdn. (but they can also reconfigure isdn :-(
>
> Please don't, better add a setuid isdnhangup utility executable only by group
> dialout.

ok. but i will change ttyI* and cui* to dialout (like it's done with
normal ttyS* devices.

another question : keep the cui* devices ? they are absolutly useless
IMO (cua* are for kompatibilty, but cui* ?)

> At present I'm struggling to get isdn4linux up.

i had no problems, but my internet provider is run by linux users :-)

sofar, i had no problems with isdn4linux.

regards andreas