Re: need decision on packages with crypto hooks

Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@icenet.fi> writes:

> Couldn't we peacefully consider the idea of stopping all this
> "embarrassment" and move master in Europe?
> We still use only net access to the systems, so having them out of the
> range of such "laws" couldn't hurt, but only keep away problems.

I'm not so sure the situation over here will stay as free as it is now.

The german Innenminister (secretary of state?) Kanther is working behind the
scenes to forbid use of PGP and the ilk in favor of cryptosystems with a
backdoor for secret services and criminal enforcement authorities..
(cf. Der Spiegel Nr 12/17.3.97 p 80)

Thanks
  Siggy

--
Siggy Brentrup <bsb@debian.org> aka: bsb@north.de
*** PGP public key available from keyservers ***