Re: Feedback on tetex packages.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> I use emacs and auctex to compose my LaTeX documents.  With the old TeX
> stuff and the old xdvik package, the default font display sizes for the
> keys marked "Shrink 1" ... "Shrink 4" were much smaller.  Now, I find
> that the smallest one (4) is actually about as large as I'd like to see
> at the other end.

i asume you have configured tetex's default mode to something
having 600 dpi. a shrink factor of 1 now shows all 600 dpi on
your 100 dpi screen giving it a much to large view

type in the xdvi window
   8s
to switch to a shrink factor of 8 (there is no button for this
but the man-page tells it). this seem's somewhat like the old
shrink factor 4 with the 300 dpi fonts.

also try to put
   xdvi.shrinkFactor:	8
in your .Xdefaults file for a default shrink factor of 8

jjm

ps: this will be an faq. wait and see :-)
Juergen Menden
at work: menden@informatik.tu-muenchen.de  tel: +49 (89) 289 - 22387
private: menden@morgana.camelot.de         tel: +49 (89) 89 712 743