Re: New dns packages

Hi,
>>"Peter" == Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> writes:

Peter> AFAIK both dnswalk and doc are part of the bind package. It
Peter> might be a good idea to add dnswalk and doc to the dnsutils
Peter> package (this package should also contain a real nslookup
Peter> version).

	If they are a part of the bind package, they are not being
 bundled into the binary package.

	It would not be a bad idea to package dnswalk and doc as part
 of dnsutils, they are quite small scripts, really. Is Robert Leslie
 <rob@mars.org> still around?

	I have had email from people saying they are interested in
 both these, and I find them invaluable, so failing that, I'd
 volunteer to take them on.

	Oh, bundling them in would play havoc with the upstream source
 integrity verification process, and, morever, the upstream sources
 unpack in ./ ;-(

	manoj

-__> dpkg -s bind
Package: bind
Section: net
Maintainer: Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org>
Version: 4.9.5-1
Replaces: netstd (<< 2.00)
Depends: libc5 (>= 5.4.7), netbase
Suggests: dnsutils
__> egrep dns /var/lib/dpkg/info/bind.list
/usr/doc/net/bind/dns-setup.gz
/usr/bin/dnsquery
/usr/man/man1/dnsquery.1bind
*__> dpkg -s dnsutils
Package: dnsutils
Section: net
Installed-Size: 147
Maintainer: Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org>
Version: 970203-0.1
Depends: libc5 (>= 5.4.0-0)
__> egrep dns /var/lib/dpkg/info/dnsutils.list
/usr/doc/dnsutils
/usr/doc/dnsutils/copyright
/usr/doc/dnsutils/changelog.Debian
/usr/doc/dnsutils/buildinfo.Debian
/usr/doc/dnsutils/changelog.upstream.gz
-
 "All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in
 fact, barely presentable." Fran Lebowitz