Re: Mailing list problems

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Please take a look at the distribution lines.  The mail was delivered
> to our project leader who should react immediately.  And the mail was
> delivered to one or two other mailinglists that _still worked_ because
> the run on completely different machine.  That's how I was informed
> and called novare as a result - as soon as I came back from work.
> (if he had written his mail in german I hat phoned novare from work)

I've got some ideas in mind to provide some additional safety to the
mailing list handling.  Give me a day or two to get a high-priority work
project done (teaching 20 of my Mac and Windows 95 co-workers the meaning
of UNIX - so basically I've got to be ready for a real tough crowd!) and
I'll make mention of my ideas.  While I'm on that subject, here's a
question:

I don't want to make the more inmportant decisions on the handling of the
mailing lists in a vacuum.  As *warning - stuffy title inserted here*
mailing list administrator, to whom do I report, and what's the
appropriate means for contacting them?

Thanks,

  --Pete
Peter J. Templin, Jr.                   Client Services Analyst
Computer & Communication Services       tel: (717) 524-1590
Bucknell University			templin@bucknell.edu