Re: base-files does not create /usr/local directories

As I said in another post: make it a helper script in postinst, *not*
an explicit mkdir, because the "/usr/local is mounted read-only" bit
is *not* the only expression of the admin's desire that we stay out of
/usr/local...  and because really, anything policy-related should be
centralized because *policies can change*.  (One *big* reason I favor
fixing dpkg instead is that it means half an hour of work on dpkg, and
*no* changes to any outstanding packages that actually followed the
policy manual...)